Thursday 21 May 2015

Spring 2015 Blogger's Quilt Festival

In the last minute I decided to participate in the Bloggers Quilt Festival held at Amy's Creative Side.
This is my second participation in the Festival.
This time it's my applique baby quilt "I'm flying!" finished recently.



The main panel is raw edge machine applique, after a drawing by Romanian artist Elena Dragulelei.


If you like to know a little more about it, please read this post.

The quilt measures 37" x 40".





Cotton fabrics for top, polyester batting and flannel for backing. I used Amann's Isacord threads and I quilted it on my domestic sewing machine.


I have entered "I'm flying" quilt in Blogger's Quilt Festival Applique Quilts category

If you have little time to spend, please come and visit the Festival, vote for your favorite quilt and be inspired!
The voting will be open from 22 May until 29 May. Winners will be announced on 30 May.

Thank you for your visit!
Enjoy the Spring 2015 Bloggers Quilt Festival!

I'm linking to finish it up Friday! too.


Have a beautiful day, my dears!

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely baby quilt for some lucky recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an artist and a quilter!! What a masterpiece!! Good luck in the festival!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the little girl's expression. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work! Good luck in your category. I entered in Home Machine Quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little girl is a cutie. I like the way you quilted the air around her. What a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete