Monday 18 January 2016

Urban Folk Mood Quilt - 2 - playing with the winter colors


I'm polishing the Urban Folk Mood quilt pattern.


In this version, I wanted to give equal chances to be seen to the two patchwork units of the top and bottom bands. The way to do this was using for both units vivid and pastel colors/shades, but in their succession, I wanted to get out of the symmetry of the pieced blocks geometry.
I kept the quilting design (simulating the weaving threads) as in the first version because I want the quilt layout to stay in a manner near to my inspiration source: a traditional handcrafted rug.

This is a little quilt, for a decorative pillow or a wall quilt.
The next version will be a baby quilt and will have a few prints.

Have a beautiful week, my friends!

I'm linking to Finish it up Friday!

3 comments:

  1. what a difference a pretty difference. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely textures! Your colors and the intricate pattern are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like like like megaaaa like
    Imi place combinatia de culori

    ReplyDelete