Tuesday 28 May 2013

Opening the bags Season

Summer is near and I started to make some fabric bags.


The first one is "Danielle" - Geta Grama's pattern.
Indeed, an easy pattern to sew: detailed instructions, printable templates, very useful tips and many pictures, for each step.
Although recommended for an elegant bag, I tried to make a "sport/beach " one, choosing the appropriate fabrics: denim-like stripped. And to cheer it up, I appliqued a flags garland.



I used lightweight fusible interfacing for lining, straps and pockets and batting for the outer panels and a very light and discreet quilting.


I chose to close my bag with zipper instead of magnetic snap. Funny, I prefer the complicated work of sewing a zipper, than the simple (for others!) installing of a magnetic snap.


It turned out sturdy enough without any stiffness and very handy with all those inside and outside pockets!


I love bags with pockets! There are always my first choice.
I will make at least one more, for sure.



I leave you, now!
I'm out with my new friend, Danielle!

Have a beautiful day!   

 


 

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful, Mihaela! I will try soon a closure like yours, with zipper, then I will let you know if a magnetic snap closure is easier to do. I love zippers but I am not crazy about stitching them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O salut pe prima ta "Danielle"!Asteapta marea cu nerabdare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geanta ta emana vacanta si veselie, imi place combinatia de dungi, iar steguletele sunt un deliciu. Tiparul Getei e excelent, trebuie sa incerc si eu.

    ReplyDelete