Friday 24 October 2014

Hello!


This is my first participation in the Blogger's Quilt Festival held at Amy's Creative Side.
Thank you, Amy!
AmysCreativeSide.com


Among a lot of other urgent things, last week I worked hard at this feathered fellow.


Feathered it's only a way of saying. A lot of quilting I had to do!




All began when I saw this cute owl drawing made by my friend Lenus Dragulelei, a very talented Romanian artist who creates illustration for children books. My brain wheels started to roll quickly:
How I could turn the drawn owl in a quilt, but otherwise than only by applique? And the only thing that came in my head was an owl-by-itself quilt, if I may say so.


And step by step, thinking on the go, imagining how should be this or that, I managed to do it.

Because I am the kind of girl who likes to complicate her life, I told to myself that I will not like at all to see the eyes quilted on the quilt/owl back. And I made it a different appropriate quilting.

The only thing that did not came out how I wanted is the dimension. It had to measure about 36" long, but instead, it measures  less than 30". I wasn't paying attention when I did the sketch.

Even so, it could be at least a funny wall quilt.
Surely, the second one will have the right dimension to cover a little girl or a little boy from nose to toes.



I have entered my owl-quilt in Blogger's Quilt Festival Mini Quilt Category.
If you have a little time to spend, please come and vote for your favorite quilt!

I am linking also to Finish it up Friday!

Have a beautiful day, my dears!


18 comments:

  1. CUTE! I love the colors and WOW all that quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful idea, beautifully quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your owl!!! So much work but so worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very cute and creative, the stitching is amazing! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic!!! I just love him - I hope you have given him a name that befits his majesty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness, he is such a cute thing! Excellent workmanship as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing quilting and such a fun project!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHHHHHHOOOO is downright talented...oh yes you Mihaela...this is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute is that! And wow...lots of really good quilting. Great entry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic work! Good luck with your entry, it will get my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So so sooooo cute! I adore you FMQ work.
    Good luck in the Blogger Quilt festival!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt couldn't be any cuter! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesanta buha.Expresiva.Felicitari Miha pentru munca ta.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet little quilt! The quilting really makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your owl is super happy. Love the quilting detail!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is adorable. What a great idea to make the owl the whole quilt, instead of smushing him into a rectangle.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your owl is fantastic! And I love that the back of the quilt is his back too! I wish I could figure out exactly how you did it all, but part of his charm is probably the mystery :) good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just had to vote for your wonderful quilt! It is so much fun and well done!

    ReplyDelete