Monday 12 October 2015

Quilting in an autumn day - Time is Running block (I)

It's a cold autumn day and it's raining. The natural light is so poor that I use two lamps while I'm quilting my new patchwork block "Time is Running".
I have made three versions of it: this, this and this. They will become pillows tops.

The gray version is ready.

 
I started with it because its quilting design came up to me first.
I wanted an accurate quilting, so even I new I will use the walking foot, I decided to mark the design onto the fabric top.
I taped the paper design to the window .


Then I taped over the paper the fabric top and copied the design onto the fabric using washable fine-liner pens.


The quilting was fast and easy.


I washed the pillow top and now it looks like this.


I had only one bad surprise: a small portion of a marking line is still visible.

I hope that at the next wash it will disappear.

Now I just finished the second top. After I will wash it, I will show you.

Have a beautiful week, my dears!

3 comments:

  1. I love your quilting! That was a great choice. Kat @ katandcatquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilting! That was a great choice. Kat @ katandcatquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Un quilting atat de artistic! Imi place foarte mult cum completeaza modelul blockului. Ai un pattern pentru acest block?

    ReplyDelete